Join us in October (10/21) and November (11/18) to talk about the latest and most innovative experiences in the management of high-altitude ecosystems, as an appetizer for the celebration of the International Mountain Day in December 2021.
This Thursday, October 21, from 9:00 am to 11:00 am (Quito, Ecuador time, GMT-5) we will broadcast the second dialogue in which we will be sharing key Andean and global experiences on the importance of establishing balanced relationships for an integrated management of high mountain ecosystems. Under the moderation of Ana Teresa Lecaros from Andean Mountain Initiative, we will be listening to:
- Marcela Galvis from the Humboldt Institute, Colombia: Challenges of the integrated management of paramos – participation and governance in paramos and high mountain ecosystems.
- Erika Nadachowski from CARDER, Colombia: Advances in the management of a strategic ecosystem – Los Nevados paramos complex.
- Manuel Peralvo from CONDESAN, Ecuador: Inclusive governance for sustainable land management – the case of the Mancomunidad del Chocó Andino, Pichincha.
- Inés Arias from the Ministry of the Environment of Ecuador: Roadmap for a Technical Workgroup and Work Agenda for mountain landscapes in Ecuador.
- Tamara Mitrofanenko from UNEP Austria: Carpathian Convention – a participatory governance instrument for the mountain region.
These events are organized by CONDESAN, the Humboldt Institute and UNEP, with the support of the European Union, COSUDE and Helvetas.
At the time of the event (9 a.m. Quito – Bogotá) enter: