This Special Issue aims at addressing important knowledge gaps
The Editos welcome contributions that address one or more of the following key questions:
- Which current and future landscape dynamics, ecological impacts
driven byglobal change, as well as societal trends and tendencies can be expected?
- How will future environmental and socio-economic evolutions affect the mountain landscape and associated ecosystem services?
- How can we scope with upcoming environmental and
socio-economic challengesin mountain regions and, in particular, in protected areas?
- Which novel indicators, methods and tools are necessary to
better evaluatethe services and benefits from mountain ecosystems, to understandthe functioning of social-ecological systems and to assess theinfluence of drivers of change across spatial and temporal scales?
- How can we stimulate the discussion for
a sustainableuse of the naturalresources and implement sustainable solutions?
More details at the Special Issue website.