6th Forum Carpaticum 2020
Linking the Environmental, Political and Societal Aspects for Carpathian Sustainability
Conference topics (including, but not restricted to):
– Assessment of climate change vulnerabilities of forest and agricultural sectors and their dependency from adaptation opportunities and climate change mitigation.
– How can the concepts of Bio & Circular-Economy contribute to the sustainable use of natural resources in the Carpathians?
– Can biodiversity loss affect the sufficient provision of ecosystem services in the Carpathians?
– Rural-urban relationships, connectivity of urban greenness with the peripheral zones
– Conservation science and practical policy measures to promote the sustainable transformation process of the Carpathians
– Carpathian waters
– Advances in earth observations for sustainable development
– Traditional land management, rural development, smart & sustainable planning , social innovation, sustainable tourism development
– Historical human-environment interactions in the Carpathians, damages from environmental crime and their contemporary effects;
– Spatial justice, services of general interest and governance
– Education for the sustainable Carpathians – the milestone for the present and future of the Carpathians
Call for Sessions and Workshops
Participants are invited to submit proposals for sessions or workshops in line with the conference goals and topics, containing the title, short description of your introduction lecture. Session and workshops will last for two hours and the sessions will include up to six oral presentations. Select sessions or their parts can be devoted to alternative forms of presentation, such as flash talks. It is recommended to devote sufficient time to the discussion.
Call for Papers
Participants are invited to submit abstracts of papers and posters related to the themes of the Conference. The abstract must be written in English. To submit an abstract please follow this procedure and make use of the template on last page of 1st announcement.
– 9th January 2020 Registration, session proposals and abstract submission opens
– 9th February 2020 Session proposals deadline
– 7th March 2020 Abstract submission deadline
– 5th April 2020 Notification of abstract acceptance and announcement about oral and poster presentations
– 30th April 2020 Early bird registration fee deadline
– 30th May 2020 Standard registration fee deadline
– 19th June 2020 Latest Registration deadline and higher registration fee deadline
All the details are available on the conference website.