Ukrainian National Forestry University (UNFU)and State Museum of Natural History of the National Academy of Science of Ukraine will hold a workshop “Developing scientific-methodological foundations for ecosystem services valuation in the context of implementing international conservation agreements”.
Participants will discuss international experiences and methodological approaches to ecosystem services valuation to provide recommendations on legal provisions to be implemented in Ukraine.
The workshop shall focus on the following key themes:
- Summarizing international experiences of practical applications of the ecosystem services concept and proposals for its introduction at national and local levels.
- Discussing experiences of conducting national and regional ecosystem services and biodiversity assessments.
- Discussing experiences of conducting ecosystem services and biodiversity assessments for protected areas.
- Analysis of the available training materials and guidelines regarding ecosystem services valuation, including those recommended by the governing bodies of the international conservation agreements and organizations.
- Developing proposals regarding legal acts aimed at stimulating the implementation of the ecosystem services concept across all sectors that have potential to impact on biodiversity and ecosystems.
Languages: Ukrainian, English. The event will be held in Lviv, Ukraine on November 28-29, 2019.
If you would like to participate fill in the form under the following link no later than October 30, 2019: http://bit.ly/2nu6MUs
More information: firstname.lastname@example.org