S4C – Science for the Carpathians – connects scientists in Central Europe, defines research priorities for the region and enhances international collaboration with partners from outside the Carpathians.
It was established in 2008.
• Develop and implement the „Research Agenda for the Carpathians“
• Promote research coordination and collaborations across disciplines and national boundaries
• Advocate for a Carpathian research area towards pan-Carpathian research
• Facilitate the development of peer-reviewed papers and synthesis articles
• Foster dialogue between research, policy and practice